Contract | Remote
About the team
Founded in 2020, Fuego UX is a digital experience consulting firm based in Colorado with team members spread across the US. As a team of designers, we work collaboratively with our clients in exciting industries such as privacy, venture capital, B2B technology, and consumer goods to solve challenging problems and deliver delightful and easy to use digital experiences.
Our values help us create a place where we can all work, learn, grow, and maintain balance, while delivering fuego experiences for our clients.
- Collaboration: We believe the best ideas come from working together and encourage each other to share new ideas, listen, and ideate as a team.
- Continuous Learning: We actively look for opportunities to learn and grow as individuals and as an organization.
- Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels respected and valued.
- Work-Life Balance: Rest, relaxation, and relationships are important and we recognize that a healthy balance between work and life enables us to bring our best selves to work.
- Flexibility: We are 100% remote and will always be. We love the freedom, flexibility, and sustainability provided by not commuting to an office.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced leader to help us scale our team and processes. We are proud of what we’ve built so far, and the right person will be able to increase our impact while solidifying and expanding upon our values as a team. As a leader, you will play an important role in growing client relationships, leading projects, and mentoring a team of designers. We value empathy and supportive leadership and in return, you can expect to be surrounded by a team that is empathetic, supportive, and celebratory of your success.
This is a remote contractor position seeking 30-40 hours per week for the foreseeable future. There is an opportunity to move up and potentially transition to a full-time position as we continue to grow. The compensation range for this role is: $75/hr - $100/hr.
As a leader you will:
- Manage and develop client relationships by understanding and perceiving their needs and delivering a high quality experience.
- Mentor and lead a team of designers through team activities and individual mentorship. Identify development needs and facilitate the career growth of each designer using a foundation of empathy, encouragement, and gratitude.
- Manage projects by developing actionable plans, scheduling meetings, delegating work, and leading design reviews.
- Set expectations by setting the bar high for our team and being on top of best practices and design trends, while delivering effective and actionable feedback to designers.
- Measure and quantify project success through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Adapt workflows based on the preferred work schedule and methods of each client.
- Help us develop a culture of psychological safety where everyone feels respected, valued, and able to contribute to the fullest.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in a client-facing role managing clients and projects.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of designers.
- Demonstrated success in scaling a team at a high-growth startup or consultancy.
- Knowledge and experience delivering successful and intuitive digital products with a consumer-grade experience.
- Proficiency in design tools and project management software.
- Training in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone can feel respected and valued. We recognize the benefits of diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of historically marginalized groups. If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Fuego UX is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.